In Today’s Episode You’ll Learn:
Berni is a very cool person; As soon as I met her and we got to talking, I knew I wanted her to share her secrets over here, on the HERO Edition. The thing is, Berni doesn’t have a team; Or a company; Or even an SOP to how se creates the incredible magic that allows her to change lives daily. All she has is her and the people she helps. that’s it.
I wanted you to hear some of her wisdom, and realize you really don’t NEED to create a team or build an empire to have an impact – you can do it in whatever manner that works for YOU and forget about best practices.
In today’s show we talked about the spark of creativity and it’s role in your life and business, and how easy it is to re-create this spark daily.
Before launching her coaching practice in 2008, she was in corporate sales managing a multi-million dollar territory of Fortune 500 companies. She wore designer label suits, lived in a penthouse apartment overlooking Lake Michigan, and spent a lot of time in airports and hotels.
At the peak of her 12-year-old sales career, she was the youngest member of her sales team. She earned an MBA to match her job title and sextupled her income by the time she reached 30.
Even with the whole world in the palm of her hands, she still felt completely unfulfilled. She grew sick and tired of being married to a job that sucked the life out of her. Until the day she stopped chasing someone else s dream and kicked her corporate job to the curb.
Today, Berni sparks people and movements.
1. Do you have a sidekick?
Aside from professionals Berni hires to help her finish certain projects, there is no sidekick in her life. The honest truth is that after so many years of perfecting her systems, to bring in someone new and teach them her ways and her techniques, to be done the way she likes it, will take quite a few hours – especially since most SOPs are in her memory and not outlined, even, on paper – and this is time she is not yet willing to invest.
2. What’s your super power when it comes to getting things done?
Absolutely and totally – RESILIENCE. To be able to keep showing up, no matter what, no matter what shit life throws at you – this is her true super power, and this is something that allows her to keep being the Time Hacking super-hero that she is.
3. What is your kryptonite, when it comes to time management?
The crash after a “manic period” is Berni’s fear. What if this time it’s harder to bounce back? What if it’ll take longer What if I can’t bounce back this time? – All those are questions that torment her, and while she loves having those super productive and Uber-creative attacks, the crash afterwards is an ongoing struggle.
4. Name your top secret weapons for gaining time:
- 750words.com – A free-writing app. This is a place for writers or people who want to start creating content on a regular basis to get going by writing 750 words daily. There is a community there as well as an accountability factor, so if you’re all about content but don’t know how to keep up with it you should definitely give it a go.
- Notes – wether it’s an app on your smart phone or plain old pen and paper – capture your thoughts, ideas and sparks of creativity so that you’ll always have them logged.
- Podcasts – Berni loves podcasts, just because it’s a channel where someone else shares something inspiring and amazing that can tach you something new or spark up a creativity ginny within you. Listening to inspiring and interesting podcasts has become a daily routine for her, and she sees the value in it constantly.
5. What is your biggest secret, the one that helps you get more time?
WATER! Wether it’s a walk by the lake, a shower or just doing the dishes – something about water brings a “yang” to Bern’s “ying”.
6. If a genie gave you one extra hour every day for the rest of your life, what would you do with it?
The extra time Berni would invest in spending quality time with family and friends. Being with loved ones and just having fun is a crucial part of life and she would invest this time in it in a blink of an eye.
Leave a Reply