In Today’s Episode You’ll Learn:
I wanted Corey on the show because I knew he had a special something to offer. Unlike so many others, Corey is in the constant search of not only what he can bring into his life, but also of what he can weed out.
He is a big believer in stepping out of your comfort zone, and since his entire career was born out of being a stand-up comedian, he truly puts his money where his mouth is.
There is no secret he won’t share with you in this interview, simply because he lives to help others find their passion. As he defines it – doing something you love and are truly passionate about is the ultimate fountain of youth.
In today’s episode, Corey will help you find YOUR fountain of youth, as well as share how he manages to juggle so many projects, companies, adventures and lifestyle into one life.
Corey Poirier is a sought after award winning professional speaker, customer service specialist, newspaper publisher, journalist, successful entrepreneur, radio show host, best-selling author, and the Publisher of Island Business News.
Corey is also a successful business owner who has built the Island Business News brand over the last five short years to include the main publication that has produced over 2000 Business and Leadership Profiles, 60+ issues, sponsorship of a softball team called Island Business News Titans, Seminars and Events featuring world class speakers, Island Business News based storytelling and spoken word events, and he has since also launched and grown the Conversations With brand to include the five books that have been released since, and the new Conversations With Radio Show.
He also enjoys his time in his birth Province of Prince Edward Island, his home Province of Nova Scotia, his 3rd home in Alberta, and hanging out with his pets, Tantra and Spooky, listening to music, Yoga, Meditation, and visiting with family and friends whenever possible.
1. Do you have a sidekick?
Yes, in various different ways.
Designers, writers, editors and many more are, or have been, working with Corey in his many endeavors. Corey is a big believer in hiring professionals to do the things you can’t or just aren’t passionate about.
2. What’s your super power when it comes to getting things done?
Corey’s super power is to know which things, tasks and people to leave in his life and focus on, as well as which ones to weed out and not waste energy on.
3. What is your kryptonite, when it comes to time management?
Corey shares two struggles, the first one being insecurity. When Corey starts anything new, he comes from a place of insecurity instead of confidence, and works his way up to courage. Despite that, Corey believes in stepping outside of his comfort zone, so he faces his insecurities instead of running away from them.
The second Kryptonite is Corey’s continuous struggle in calming down his busy mind. Focus takes a lot mire effort if you’re dealing with a constantly racing mind.
4. Name your top secret weapons for gaining time:
- Quotes – someone else’s words, as short as they may be, can create a real change in your life.
- Leaving the technology temptation out – when your phone is on silence, or not on you all together, you make sure you are not being interrupted and create an opportunity to focus on a single task at a time. Ultimately, it allows you to succeed in whatever goal you set for yourself.
- Pdcasts – the power to listen to something useful, something you learn from, while driving a car or during an otherwise wasted time is a huge leap.
5. What is your biggest secret, the one that helps you get more time?
Creating systems in the little things, and choosing only the things that work for you.
6. If a genie gave you one extra hour every day for the rest of your life, what would you do with it?
Corey will be pleased with having an extra hour for any one of the 3 following activities:
- Growing his business