In Today’s Episode You’ll Learn:
Interviewing Dino was the most fun I had in a w-h-i-l-e! This episode was pre-recorded during the latest operation in Israel, so we’re reporting to you from a war-zone. As it turns out – I’m way to tough to be killed in war, but a sip of juice made an assassination attempt on me! So if you happen to hear my voice going all wonky, sounding like I’m crying – that’s because I am, trying to project “Business As Usual”.
The wonderful thing about talking to Dino is that not only is he a unique personality with tons of value and life smart – but he also is a huge believe in the Time Hacking method, which made this go too easy. I actually felt the need to put a disclaimer, informing you that we were NOT discussing Time Hacking off the air, and everything he mentioned, thought most opportune, had absolutely nothing to do with me and my opinions – but you’ll get it from listening to 5 seconds of him talking anyway.
Today’s episode is all about the “WHY?” – why do you need to hack time? Why do you need to be effective, productive & good with your time? Why is it important? More time has to lead to more free time, and not to more things to do – they “WHY” of THAT is laid out in this incredible episode.
OH, and by the way – Dino is the first guest who has given this podcast and it’s listeners so much thought, that he literally grabbed me a few days after the original interview, and ask to add a little something because he wants to share some more cool tips with you. How amazing is he?!
Dino Dogan is a professional speaker with a real job as the Founder and CEO of Triberr, the social network for content creators that sends millions of monthly visitors to its members.
Dino has been the subject of stories pertaining to business and technology in publications such as Forbes, Yahoo!News, Al Jazeera, and BizJournal. His startup has been featured on thousands of blogs, including The Next Web, Yahoo, Technorati, Huffington Post, Business Insider, and INC.
Dino has spoken or consulted for a variety of companies and audiences, including IBM, Rutgers University, Vocus, New Media Expo, 140conf, and many others.
A prolific content creator himself, Dino has been referred to as a raconteur and champion of bloggers everywhere, ? by writer Rosemary O Neill.
Frequently featured as an expert commentator on new technologies and the latest social media developments on sites like ReadWriteWeb, Dino is also the co-author of the book Engagement From Scratch along with Guy Kawasaki, Mitch Joel, and other notable authors and community builders.
His blog has been profiled by Technorati on multiple occasions and offers an insider s view into his social networking expertise.
A recovering network engineer and a failed musician, Dino spends his free time doing Mixed Martial Arts, and walking his german shepherd named Dojo.
1. Do you have a sidekick?
After failing all by himself with his previous business, Dino is a strong believer in that whatever you are bad at doing or whatever it is you dislike doing – you need to delegate. Aside from his co-founders at Triberr.com Dino is fortunate enough to have a lot of talented people in his life who are willing to help him with tasks he needs.
Dino is also a master at being way too adorable and convincing people to help him free of charge…hmm… I wonder if he’ll make an online course about it any time soon! If you’d sign up for this – let Dino and me know int he comments below!
2. What’s your super power when it comes to getting things done?
Dan Cristo, Dino’s co-founder over at Triberr, is his super power! He calls Dan “The speed demon of implementation” and admits he owes a lot to him. Another super-power Dino talks about is the ability to assemble a group of people that, when combined together, create amazing things.
3. What is your kryptonite, when it comes to time management?
Apparently, the man who can gather and organize an amazing team has trouble with organization. Dino reveals that he has never been particularly organized, especially when it comes to logistics.
4. Name your top secret weapons for gaining time:
First and foremost – the goal of productivity for Dino is to have more free time, as opposed to doing more things. The path to obtaining more free time consists of 3 steps:
1. Process – tools such as calendar & Boomerang to help you work better.
2. Delegating – Delegate everything, because chances are someone else will do it better anyways.
3. Prioritize – Because without it you can’t possibly achieve all your dreams.
On top of that, Dino has popped on another quick call to share 2 time hacks he forgot to mention in the original interview… Ready? Here they are:
1. ScheduleOnce – A tool that allows you to set meeting with other people, according to all your time zones and personal preferences. No more ping-pong!
2. Sidekick Chrome Plugin – This little plugin allows you (among other things) to know who clicked and read your email. Oh YEAH! At first it sounds a bit like the big brother is watching you, but when you come to think of it – how often has this bothered you? That, perhaps, the email didn’t reach it’s destination? Maybe it was lost int he sea of other emails? This tool eliminated the guess work. BOOM.
5. What is your biggest secret, the one that helps you get more time?
It was only appropriate that Dino will give us more than just one secret! Dino’s philosophy is that people need to start reading more books. He also shared 3 of them that have changed his life:
- “Mega Memory”, teaching you how to train and improve your memory;
- “Accelerated Learning Techniques” by Brian Tracy, that teaches you how to learn effectively;
- “Leadership and Self Deception” by Arbinger Institute, changing the way you look at yourself and your surrounding.
6. If a genie gave you one extra hour every day for the rest of your life, what would you do with it?
READ! Preferably – non-fiction.